The FEVA Star Seat is a child carrier accessory saddle seat that fits onto an adult bicycle or bike. It is not a conventional safety seat for children as it is designed to assist cyclists prevent accidents with a pro-active approach to safe cycling. Furthermore the FEVA Star Seat promotes confidence, balance, awareness and adventure for kids and parents. Made with tough foam rubber, it is light-weight, easy to assemble and compact to transport.
FEVA decided to adopt a pro-active approach to safety and create a seat that would be comfortable and safe for children with minimal impact on steering, control and balance for the cyclist in order to help prevent accidents. Developed with safe cycling in mind, in the event of a serious cycling accident involving a child in a carrier, FEVA considered whether children would be safe in all types of seats and chose to focus on creating the safest possible cycling environment for the cyclist carrying the child to operate because the adult is responsible for avoiding accidents. As it may not be safe or responsible to encourage young children aged 18 month-4 years to cycle independently alongside parents, the FEVA Star Seat facilitates participation in a controlled environment.
Positioning the seat on the bike frame is obviously best for stabilizing bikes with child carriers however with a bulky seat this position can have a limiting effect on the leg movement of cyclists. Average kids aged 18 month-4 years are capable of balance. Employing the natural ability of children of this age with adult supervision was integral in developing a compact seat that would have minimal impact on the cyclist?s leg movement, vision and ability to control the bicycle effectively.
The Star Seat has comfortable practical footrests that surround each foot allowing children to place and free their own feet if needed. The design limits the chance that feet may slip off the footrests while cycling.
A quick-release seat belt does not limit arm or leg movement and will prevent a child from being thrown forward over the handlebars in the unlikely event that the bicycle come to a sudden and unexpected stop.
The seat platform is flexible owing to the nature of rubber construction. The material has important shock absorbing properties that will limit jolting and furthermore the rubber will not scratch or harm children. Achieving stability does not depend on the flexible seat platform rather it depends on the position of hands and feet relative to the mid-line of the child. Children are secure in a comfortable jockey position with their hands on the bicycle handlebars and their feet securely in footrests on either side of the seat platform allowing them to balance and react with the movement of the cyclist.
The Star Seat is unconventional because it hardly restrains children allowing active participation under supervision.
Parents seldom consider that most minor accidents involving child carriers occur when bicycles are stationary. Lifting and placing children in, or removing children from seats can be tricky and awkward and unbalanced bikes could fall over. The Star Seat makes lifting and placing kids simple thereby limiting accidents and injuries.
A child?s behaviour while cycling with an adult could be unpredictable. In order to assist the cyclist in being responsible, the Star Seat facilitates optimal vision and open communication with minimal distraction. The cyclist can maintain awareness and concentration while cycling that is safer for the child that is positioned in a near contact embrace at all times.
- Compact Mid-mounted design for optimal bike balance and rider comfort.
- Child carriers for bikes can be categorized by mounting positions. The advantage of a mid-mounted bike seat is that weight is transferred directly onto the bike frame between the two wheels considered to be the most balanced and stable mounting position for carrying extra weight. The Star Seat compact size hardly limits leg movement.
- Well designed footrests keep feet away from wheels.
- Seat belt prevents children from being thrown forward.
- Recommended for children aged 18 month to 4 years old with a maximum weight of 20kg (45lbs).
- The FEVA Star Seat is an Adventure, Balance and Confidence promoting seat for use by adults before children are able to cycle safely on their own.
- The Star Seat improves balance, awareness and confidence with adult supervision in a managed environment.
- Light-weight and portable to take on holiday or weekends away.
- At less than 1kg, made from tough rubber materials, the FEVA Star Seat does not require much space and is practical to take in your car.
- Communicate with your child while enjoying cycling together. The ability to communicate easily without distraction is safer and adds value to your joint experience.
- No tools are required for installation and FEVA Star Seat fits most bikes with 3 frame settings without causing damage to your bike.
- Tough durable construction.
- The FEVA Star Seat is made from high density closed cell foam rubber that has excellent shock absorbing properties and it is tough enough to last for years.
- Flat-Pack Packaging.
- If you wish to send a Star Seat as a gift, the packaging design is optimal to minimize postage or courier charges with a volumetric mass of only 1.5kg (3.3lbs)
- Cost Effective.
- The Star Seat is one of the most affordable, versatile and practical bicycle accessory child carriers on the market. Along with its versatility and practical features, it offers customers excellent value for money.
- Feva Star Seat Actual Weight (including packaging): 850g (1.85lbs)
- Packaging dimensions: 51cmX37cmX4cm (20.07"X14.5"X1.57")
- Packaging Type: Printed Cardboard Box
- Volumetric Mass: 1.51kg (3.3lbs)
- Contents: 5 separate parts for self assembly (Assembly instructions on packaging).
The Feva Star Seat is a new product on the EU market. This requires extensive testing by the authorities. We have been entrusted with the handling of these formalities and are confident that we will receive this approval.
Any distribution of Feva Star Seats within the European Union is prohibited until this certification has been obtained.
Pre-orders are already possible without down payment. The customers will be informed about the further progress.
|Shipping weight:||1,20 Kg|
|Product weight:||0,90 Kg|